Why we collect and use this information:
The Compass Partnership collects personal information whenever a user chooses to contact us via the web form within the contact us section. When contacting us using this method you consent to us processing the information you send such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number.
We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, cookie information, operating system, the country you are based in, and the page you request.
We use information for the following general purposes: to customise the content you see, fulfil your requests and for technical web site administration purposes.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. We ensure that at least one of these lawful bases apply before we collect and process your personal information:
- Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Storing this information
We will safely and securely store your personal information obtained through our websites. Any information sent to us through the contact us web form will be destroyed on the completion of your request. Your browser information will be logged for the period of one year at which point it will be cleared.
Who do we share this information with?
We do not share information about you with anyone without consent, unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, please contact us via the contact us web form.
You also have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of any data we hold about you
- be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- object to processing of personal data that is
- processed based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- for the purpose of direct marketing
- processed for purposes of research and statistics
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate or unnecessary personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed, or to restrict the processing of this data
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact us via the school phone number or the contact us web form.